Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Past due rent on dashboard

The Dashboard should show delinquent tenants. We shouldnt have to run a report to get a feel for who owes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link Screening Reports to Leads

Provide a link from the lead page to screen the lead. And allow for the results to attach to the lead. I would also like to upload documents to a lead during screening process (income, landlord verifications, adverse action letters and any other documentation to qualify the prospect).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Download background check reports together or simultaneously

Hi Rentec, Thanks for your background check. Could you please enable me to download all the reports I order during a background check of someone in one pdf file, or at least download the separate files at once? I often need to run multiple folks and that change would save me a lot of time! Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WEBSITE - more colors, design capabilities

Improve Branded Website,
    Add more colors, a light gray
    the be able to create something similar to RENTECDIRECT.com, new design is NICE
    Also if we try to customize a little bit it looses the mobile proportion!!!
    its not working propertly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WORKORDER FOR MULTIPROPERTY AND RECURRING

Hability to create WORKORDER for multiproperty, meaning 1 workorder, 1 vendor, 1 paycheck, several properties charged. Also Recurring workorder for periodic maintenance like yard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Open work orders by vendor report

I need a report to show open work orders assigned to a particular vendor. Then when they are scheduling their day they have a complete list of their tasks.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. pre paid rent

Pre paid rent and mgmt fees. Prepaid rent should auto post on next month along with mgmt fee

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display as option to be visible when first submitting income or expense

I can't write down a name on the display as category when I first post an income or expense, I have to go back to it to edit it that is more time for me. Could this be changed ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync account with https://www.brightonbancorp.com

I have online business bank account with https://www.brightonbancorp.com

Please tell Plaid to support this bank so I can sync business account in RentecDirect.

Thanks,
    Gurvinder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sort work orders by "Assigned" and "Status"

Allow sorting workorders by all headings, but particularly "assigned" and "status".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reminders for Work Orders

there should be a follow up reminder setting on work orders or date to be completed by reminder setting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create inspection reports on Rentec

Ability to create inspection reports through Rentec

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Owners portal

I have a company that has three LLC's but only one person is responsible for the daily operations. They don't like that they need three email accounts to access the owners portal for each company. Can you you have the owners portal passwords tied to the LLC's instead of the email? Large owners might have different LLC's for different types of rental property. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adjust Permission Settings so Account Receivable can Change Tenant Info, but not change Rental Amount

Adjust User Permissions settings such that a Read-Only User can edit Tenant Information such as phone number, DOB, etc., without being able to change the Rent charge. An account receivable account should be to add payments and manage tenant information without being able to make unauthorized changes to the rent amount.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Negative Owner ACH Line Item For Multiple Property Owners

Owner ACH payment currently cannot be entered as a negative amount for a property. For multiple property owners that wish to have expenses deducted from rent instead of owner contribution, there needs to be a way to enter a negative amount into that property's line item box. Example: owner has two properties, one has a balance of $500, other property has a negative balance of $100. Instead of having to do a manual transfer between properties, you should have the option to put ($100) on the second property in the owner payment wizard. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Duplex in Property Type drop down

On the Properties tab > Property Type include the option - Duplex. Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Split Transactions for Deposits

Have split transactions show separately in the Make Deposit screen instead of just showing as -split-. The way it currently is defeats the purpose of even splitting them.
    This causes us issues (and extra time) when uploading the info into Quickbooks

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to select what kind of easy pay notifications you get

It is frankly too many emails to get when I am notified about every single easy pay setup. All I want to know is when something goes wrong, but you can't choose which type of notifications to receive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. respond to available properties posts.

For all the different sites rented will post rental property, it would be great if we could respond to the different requests through rented instead of all the sites. Then if responding through rented to the posts we should be able to set auto responses to new requests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automated application confirmation

We've had complaints that there is no confirmation after submitting an application to Rentec. I think there should be an automatic email response confirming receipt of the application, and that response should be editable in the email templates so that we can put our own wording if we want. The auto-responder should probably be an option in the settings to turn it off or on (with the default being on). The response should be sent to the email(s) that were put into the application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base